AOK Invaders

Bienvenue sur le forum AOKI
Nous sommes le Jeu Mar 28, 2024 11:23

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 38 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: chris
MessagePosté: Dim Nov 21, 2010 17:39 
..::perfOrminG_::..

http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/29457

Citation:
Hey moderators and aoc fans,

I have an interesting dilemma. I believe I deserve the #1 rank on the ladder, however, it is taking an abysmally long time for me to get it by playing teamgames with comparatively lower skilled players. Why do I believe I deserve it? Well, it's because ALL other players in the top 10 have refuse to 1vs1 me. Yes, every single one that I have seen on since I have started playing again, have refused. This includes Tim, Daut, Alive, Cyclops, and Patin. The only one I haven't asked yet is Jordan. They all got their ratings without barely even playing against me. I believe this is unfair as I think their ratings are an unsubstantiated mark of history without any current basis.

I believe that we should institute a decay system, similar to other ladders, to ensure that players need to prove they are worth their rating. After all, a ladder is supposed to indicate who is at the top of the game at any given time. This would definitely improve the level of competition, quantity and quality of recorded games, and general community atmosphere. We've already done it in many ways by eliminating point trading, fixing broken aoc games, uploading recorded games, and creating a user friendly gaming atmosphere.

One of the major rating abuses is done by playing teamgames. Teamgames have always been a lot of fun, and even though I could and will probably play enough to pass the rest of these point sitters, I believe that they are not a reliable source of skill level. There are many ways of manipulation such as: having coopers with low ratings on your team, having friends on lower nicknames than their skill level, etc that create many inefficiencies to allow players to boost their rating without needing to play outstanding.

My first proposal is to eliminate the rated portion of teamgames whenever the rating differential between the highest and lowest player is greater than 300 points for players with ratings above 2200. They could still play in teamgames, however they will only be rated when they actually have players worth their rating in them. (I'm 2520, rated games wouldn't count unless all players have more than 2220 rating). This would eliminate the issue of "team game rating abuse" that I have described above, and which I am currently using since I have no alternatives to passing the point sitters.

My second proposal is to institute a decay system. Since the ladder should show who is the best at the time and since it should be current. Inactive players are likely to have lost their skill and therefore should not be allowed to be at the 'top' without proving it. There are many ways we could do this, however, whether or not to separate the 1v1 and teamgame ladders is a topic we may want to discuss as well. For now I will assume that we want to force the top players to play against each other in 1v1 combat. I think the best way to do this would be to force players to play at least 7 games every 2 months or else they will lose 75 rating points. I believe the games should be 1vs1 or teamgames with all players within 200 rating points (this would eliminate "top" players playing in 7 games with noobs and/or friends every 2 months to "show" their "skill"). Yes, in the last phrase I am trying to emphasize how little skill that actually shows.

I understand this would take time and effort on part of the moderators and site admins. However, if these changes or similar ones were implemented in order to force the top players to play each other we would see a dramatic uptick in amazing recorded games, increased competition, and general community awareness. I would be willing to donate $100 to Voobly for the cause and I would make sure to produce as many great recorded games as I could. Let's make our aoc community even better than it already is!

L_Clan_Chris

daut :(

Sujet du message: Re: chris
MessagePosté: Lun Nov 22, 2010 10:24 
Breton

cry like chris

MessagePosté: Lun Nov 22, 2010 22:22 
rook d'Earendil

Citation:
I would be willing to donate $100 to Voobly for the cause

Tentative de corruption: -75 pts :)

MessagePosté: Mar Nov 23, 2010 07:32 
Bogosse

Haha, ben pour moi il a pas tord, d'un point de vue "rating" pur... En gros, c'est comme si Pete Sempras etait encore N°2 mondiale (depuis que federer la depassé depuis peu), alors qu'il a arreter de joué, ca fais deja de ca un bail...

Maintenant, Aoc, c'est un jeux vieux de 10 ans, qui n'interesse plus que les passioné, et tres honnetement savoir que jordan a un rating superieur a alive, et que tim rate 150 points de plus que dreams alors que ca devrais etre l'inverse... On s'en ofu un peu. Et c'est la que chris perd un peu de son "aura" pour moi. Qu'est qu'il en a foutre d'etre le N°1 sur voobly? Alors que tout le monde sait que quand il joue a fond, il est intouchable (enfin si, ya daut qui l'accroche...)

Et qu'il soit pret a payé 100$ pour prouver qu'il est le n°1, ca m'etonne de lui... Bref, on est encore dans la petite gueguere du "qui a la plus grande" :-p

MessagePosté: Mar Nov 23, 2010 16:55 
rook d'Earendil

C'est comme si Yann était 1k9. :)

MessagePosté: Mar Nov 23, 2010 17:23 
Breton

1941 :)

MessagePosté: Mar Nov 23, 2010 20:03 

en CBA 1111

ben chris veut de la compet sinon il risque de se lasser et partir? :(

MessagePosté: Mar Nov 23, 2010 20:14 

prk il refuse de jouer contre chris ? couilles môles :cop: , moi qui déjà battu alive je serai volontaire de jouer contre chris :fr:

MessagePosté: Mar Nov 23, 2010 21:27 

c'est loin le 1er avril ou :drink:

MessagePosté: Mer Nov 24, 2010 13:00 
Breton

tss jaloux x)

MessagePosté: Mer Nov 24, 2010 16:55 
David Hasselhoff

AOKI_SharK_ a écrit:
Bref, on est encore dans la petite gueguere du "qui a la plus grande" :-p

Selon vous, quel est le plus intéressant entre une longue et une grosse?

MessagePosté: Mer Nov 24, 2010 20:18 

j'attends ta réponse avec impatience =D

MessagePosté: Mer Nov 24, 2010 20:46 
Maître Grusheur

ya un ladder 1v1 maintenant :o
une longue évidemment

MessagePosté: Mer Nov 24, 2010 21:31 
.:: __sPiKe__ | Never Surrender ::.

Ayant les deux je ne peux y répondre :(

MessagePosté: Mer Nov 24, 2010 22:04 

ah t'as changé de copine :mrgreen:

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 38 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]